Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wolff Sharpening Show Pictures

Here are some long awaited Wolff Show pictures. Sorry for the delay, but I was slammed after the show and then was out of town the week after that. There is a full write up of the show in the August Issue of On The Edge.


Bill at the Wolff Table.


Mike doing an adjustment to a nipper.


There was never a time where Mike didn't have a crowd. :)


Dennis going over the testing procedures they use at the NBTSG.


George going over the ins-and-outs of the Lucky Hare Line with Bruce.


George doing the same with Robert and Chad.


The Nebraska Blades booth was also full all day. Everyone was glad to see Bob back at a Wolff Show.


Bonnie and Gene going over the Bonika Line of shears.


Randy from Shark Fin going over the benefits of the Shark Fin Shear design with Bruce. These two really know how to sell.


Joe going over the ProLine Shears with John.


This was a display that generated a lot of interest. Glen spent part of the show going over a new pressure tester Wolff has put together. It tests the poundage it takes a shear to cut through different mediums and then feeds that info to a graph on a computer. The graph shows any imperfections in the edge and grades the cut of the shear. Some really neat technology we've been working on to help industrial plants improve their sharpening.


Karen going over the ever popular Kenchii line.


Just an aerial shot of the vendor room.


Bob going over clipper blade sharpening in our seminar room.


Interested sharpeners.


Ryan, David Wolff's youngest daughter's fiancee, did a great job running our camera for the presentations.


Bob doing some Q & A.


Mike demonstrating the Nipper Sharpener.


Bruce sharing his story about how he got into sharpening.


Bruce is one of the top selling sharpeners I know and he came to share some tips with us. He did a dynamite job!


Here I am doing a little Q & A.


Thanks to all of you that attended the show. It was great to see everyone and I had nothing but good reviews from those that came. In fact, here is a quick look at part of a letter sent by a sharpener that has been wrestling with going full time with his sharpening business:

"I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed the show in S.C. this past weekend. I bought my sharpening business from a family friend a few years back and have been working it part time ever since. I'm a welder by trade and I'm eligible for full retirement soon, but haven't been able to take that step emotionally as of yet. I've been wonder just how well I could really do in my sharpening business if I focused on it full time.

My trip to the Wolff Show has been most helpful in convincing me that - yes, this is a viable business and there are many folks making a good living doing this work. I made a number of new friends that have offered to help me as I take the plunge into full time sharpening and this alone was worth the trip. Great people, great show. Thank you for all you do."

We are looking at putting together the next Wolff Show. Keep and eye on Jim Sharp. As soon as I have a date and place I'll let you know. If things pan out with a place we're looking at right now, I may have info within the next two weeks.

Remember, if you'd like to see a full show write up, visit www.otenewsletter.com or call me at 864-909-3381 to find out more about On The Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment