Saturday, January 22, 2011

How Shears are Made

Great video showing how shears are made! Note all the hand work that goes into a pair of shears along with the automation. Many beauty shears require even more hand work. Videos like this dispel many of the myths and rumors that shears have twists "purposely" worked into their edges and "specific" edge radius. While all shears have some form of edge radius, most don't have an "exact" edge radius because of the hand work. The same holds true for twisted edges. This too is due to the hand work and will vary from shear to shear. Questions? Shoot me an email at otenews@gmail.com. Let me know what you think of the video. I think National Geographic did a wonderful job. I've worked many of these machines myself at some of the companies that manufacture shears for Wolff Industries.



Interested in learning more about sharpening and the machines I use? Visit this post:
http://jimsharp.blogspot.com/2008/11/scissor-sharpening-machines-and.html

Sign up by email. It's free!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment