Friday, June 5, 2009

INTERACTION SELLS & TWITTER


Over this past week I haven't been very busy on Jim Sharp, but I have been busy elsewhere online. I two place actually. One place is on my other blog, Interaction Sells, and the other is Twitter. Let me tell you a little about both.

Interaction Sells
I started this blog a while back and then let it laps a year ago. I was just too busy focusing only on growing the sharpening side of Wolff Industries back then to really focus on Interaction Sells, so I dropped it. But now my mission has once again changed, starting in mid-June, David wants me to focus on Wolff's customers that work with hard-to-cut materials and help grow that side of of the business. Since this means I'll be back on the road selling again, I thought it might be good to at least attempt to brush the dust off Interaction Sells and chronicle some of what I learn as I market Wolff and it's products to this group. I hope you'll come along for the ride.

By the way, this does not mean I will no longer by posting to Jim Sharp, but I may point you back and forth between the two blogs some.

Twitter
If you don't spend a lot of time online, you may not know about the Microblogging site known as Twitter. But it's becoming a powerful force in the online world for marketing one's self and/or a business. I've been on Twitter for some time now and there are a few sharpeners that follow me. I'd like to invite you to consider joining Twitter (it's free) and follow me there for three reasons.

1. When I'm on the road, Twitter will be an easy way to get in touch with me. One of the most powerful things about Twitter is it will work on your sell phone. I check Twitter multiple times each day whether I'm at my desk on my computer, or on the road with my Blackberry. So if you need some help the quickest way to let me know is to send me a note on Twitter.

2. I use Twitter as a sounding board to share interesting things I find online that help me in my business, interest me, or that I think my followers may be interested in.

3. It really is a new way to connect with people; and I'm willing to bet a number of your customers use Twitter too. Sign up with Twitter to set yourself apart from the other sharpeners in your area, and then use Twitter to help stay in touch more with your customers that are online.

One other reason is other sharpeners may start using Twitter more in the future. If they do, Twitter will become a great way for the sharpening community to connect, trade ideas, and help each other.

If you have any questions about Twitter, just give me a call at 800-888-3832 and I'll explain all the ins-and-outs.

You can connect with me on Twitter here: www.twitter.com/jimsharp

No comments:

Post a Comment