Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sharpening Repair on a Left Hand Beauty Shear

Well, the videos are up and here is the post I promised. I had a heck of a time with this pair of scissors. Quite a bit of inside work needed to be done, and the angles were all wrong. We got 'em fixed up pretty darn good though and it only took 3 YouTube videos to chronicle some of the sharpening. :) Let's have a look:

Before we start, if you're getting this via email and can't see the videos, click here.

Video 1: Sharpening the First Scissor Blade on the Hira-To®




Video 2: Finishing the Sharpening on the Hira-To® and Starting the Second Scissor Blade on the Ookami Gold®



Video 3: Finishing Up on the Ookami Gold® and Testing the Shear



In the videos you see I had to put a LOT of time into working the inside of the shear to reestablish a good inside ride line. In the future I need to do a video that really focuses on this.

I hope these videos help. If you have any questions please feel free to call me or email me, my contact info is in the sidebar on the right. Good sharpening! :)

Sign up by email. It's free!!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment