Tuesday, March 11, 2008

COMMENT SPAM


I've had a couple of posts get hit with some comment spam. I have changed some setting and now anyone that posts a comment will have to enter a word check. This should do away with the spam problem.

An example of this spam is in the comment section of the Visit from Joe post. Do not click on the name link. You'll see I deleted this comment, it was only two words that said, "look here" with an embedded link. Do not click on these if you see them on my blog or any others.

If I see more spam I will switch to comment moderation. The only thing switching will do is take more of my time and it will take longer to see your comment come up. I'm watching this like a hawk. It's unfortunate that there are people out there that a willing to compromise integrity for a quick buck, or worse; that are just plain malicious.

Image: cookipedia

Be sure to visit my other blog: Interaction Sells

No comments:

Post a Comment