Thursday, August 7, 2008

HEALTHY LOUNGE IN DOWNTOWN GREENVILLE


I received a very nice hand written note from a new friend I made at the MeetUp meeting I attended last Tuesday. She is the owner of Healthy Lounge in Downtown Greenville, SC. It's a unique concept that mixes relaxation and efficiency. Feeling a little stressed out, or need some "me" time? Healthy Lounge provides a place to unwind quickly. Anyone that visits Downtown Greenville should check it out.

But the point of this post is not the fact that Healthy Lounge is a great business concept, but that it's owner is so proficient in marketing it. I was surprised by the note I received (and small VIP gift)! I was even more surprised by how quickly it was sent; which shows the importance of timely response.

I've written about sending hand written notes over at Interaction Sells, but I wanted to stress this here as well. It is rare in this day-and-age to receive anything hand written. When one receives a note like this, it really stands out. I know many of you talk to stylists, groomers, or other customers that say no to your service every day. What kind of impression do you think you would make if, when you take their card home with you, you sat down and wrote a nice "short" hand written note thanking them for their time, and letting them know you look forward to talking with them the next time you're passing through. Will it make an impression? Will it stand out? You bet it will!

Now I know what you're saying, "That would take too much time." It does take time, but please remember that one of the reasons businesses don't excel is people aren't willing to do the hard work it takes to be successful. Don't be one of those people! It does take time to write a note, but try it. Write one after you called call someone, sell something, or sharpen a tool. Try it for a week or two and see what happens. The results may surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment