Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GETTING BACK AT IT!

Sorry for the long pause in posts! With all the writing I do I really needed a rest, so I decided to take a month hiatus from blogging so I could recharge my batteries. I've had my nose in a number of books I've read in the past, I've been searching new blogs for fresh content, and I've listened to a number of my favorite books-on-tape during this time. I occasionally do this to keep myself on track. Two of my favorites tape series I just finished listening to are Sell Your Way to the Top, by Zig Ziglar and Selling the Wheel, by Jeff Cox. Both are excellent studies on sales and if you can find them at you local library, I'd suggest you pick them up and listen to them yourself.

With that said, I'd like to ask how long it has been since you've recharged your batteries? As business people, we so often get wrapped up in working that we forget that we need to revisit what we've learned in the past to see if it is still working for us now. If not, we need to set some new goals, learn some new selling techniques, or get some more sharpening training.



One of the things I hear most when I do a show like the one that just took place in Kansas City is, "We love coming to these shows because I not only learn from the seminars, I learn from all the other sharpeners as well." The other nice thing about shows like this, is many of the sharpeners turn them into little mini-vacations and bring their family with them. It's a great way to learn and relax, and the trip can be written off as a bonus. If you're thinking about come to the next show, it's in Anaheim, CA October 17-19. Call Wolff at 800-888-3832 for more info.

Right now, I'm getting ready to fly to Las Vegas for the CosmoProf show. It's one of the biggest business-to-business beauty trade shows in the states, and I go there to catch up with a number of my suppliers from overseas. One thing in particular I'm looking for at this show is packaging for the Wolff Economy shears. I'm looking for something simple, inexpensive, and attractive. Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for! I'll be running a series of posts about this show, so keep an eye on the blog.

As always, If there's anything I can do to help you, please give me a call. All my contact info is on the right side of this blog. Thanks for being patient with me while I took this much needed rest. I'm looking forward to jumping back in with both feet!

1 comment:

  1. Jim, Your statement about finding packaging for the WOLFF ECONOMY SHEARS.

    I think it's a great idea to get agressive with the 200 series Wolff Shears. Simple but utlilitarian packaging would be great.. eg; Geib Gator leather sleeve.

    But please, please, please, don't call them "ECONOMY" shears anymore.

    The 200 series are very good quality and don't deserve the "economy" label.

    Economy rightly suggests something less than "good" and something far less than "best."

    "Economy" is an antonym for "Quality."

    Gary Johnson
    MitySharp

    ReplyDelete