Tuesday, July 10, 2007

DEAL WITH A LARGE NICK

George asked this question in the comments section of the post titled "Repairing a Wrecked Shear on the Hira-To".

Regarding a deep nick that cuts into the ride line on the back of the cutting edge - what is the proper procedure to remove this nick on the Hira-To and what grit paper should be used?
If you look in the comments section, you'll see that I answered his question. I also said that I would post an example of this in the future with some tips about how to do this so you don't have a big step down in the throat of the blade. Pictures will be included, but it will be a couple of weeks before I get to do this. I will be on the road all of next week and that always hampers my ability to be online.

Keep the questions or comments coming in the comments section! I want to know your questions so I can do my best to deal with them here at Jim Sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment