Thursday, July 19, 2007

MY LAST COUPLE OF DAYS

What a time so far! Here's what's been happening.

After I flew into San Francisco International I stopped by Mike Solaegui's place. I met Lou and got to see the store. WHAT AN ASSORTMENT OF KNIVES!!! You can tell Mike is a real player in this industry!





I then hit the road for San Luis Obispo by way of SR-1. The scenery was amazing! This part of California is very earthy! Strong browns and silvers and dark greens! I love it here! Very different from home!









I then spent a day with Jason Pintel. We shared ideas and tried some new technology. Great fun! I helped him with the new diamond polishing pads Wolff developed for the Hira-To and he taught me how to hammer set into a shear. You'll see an article about that in an up-coming On The Edge. All I can say is WOW!







I'm now with a sharpener in San Francisco that has a Hira-To. I am doing a little training for him and spending a night at his place. He lives right in the thick of it! Just eight blocks up from the water and Fisherman's Wharf. It's a beautiful apartment and a beautiful city!

I'm not sure when I will be posting again since my next leg of this trip takes me to Grass Valley, CA. I will be in a pretty remote spot, so I'm not sure of I will be able to get online.

No comments:

Post a Comment