Friday, October 5, 2007

SELL LIKE A KID!!!

Kids are crazy! Take Aidan here for example (my 4 year old). He wanted to play with my oldest son and his friend, but they said no. He stood at his brother's bedroom door crying and asked, "Why can't I come in and play too?" Michael, my oldest son's friend said, "Little brothers aren't allowed!" Then they closed the door.

I guess Aidan thought about this, because he went into his sisters room, grabbed one of his sister's play dresses, threw it on over his clothes and headed back to his brother's room. He knocked on the door and when they openned, he yelled, "Can I come in now?!" After the two boys stopped laughing, they told him take off the dress and get in here!

What's the point in all this? Sometimes we have to be a little creative when we want to get into someplace we're not welcome! Look for ways you can make your business stand out! Walk into that shop that won't let you in with a shoe filled with candy and say, "I've been trying to get my foot in the door!" Then give the shoe to the person at the front desk. I'll bet they'll laugh! Try something different! (Not a dress though, pleeease!!) Be creative and fun! Smile when you enter! You'll be surprised the barriers you'll break down!!!!

Kids are great salesmen, and negotiators. They have to be because they don't have any money! Want to sell? Watch a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment