Tuesday, April 7, 2009

THE DARKSIDE OF SHARPENING


"He's turned to the darkside. " Obi Wan said, speaking of his former student Anakin Skywalker. One of my favorite movie series is Star Wars, I just never thought I'd get to play the part of Obi Wan. Unfortunately, I am.

I started to write a whole post about what has happened with a former student of mine, but then thought the better of it. I don't want to give the shifty people of the world any ideas, and I have no idea who might be reading this. Instead, I'll be writing about it in On The Edge, the newsletter I write for the sharpening industry.

What I WOULD like to say here is integrity is everything in this business. The most important thing you can do as a sharpener is gain the trust of your customers. Once you have that trust, the second most important thing you need to do is keep it!

I've been sharpening for a long time. I love this business and those in it. It breaks my heart when I see a sharpener turn to the darkside. It hurts all of us when they do.

If you'd like to subscribe to On The Edge, give me a call at 864-909-3381. If I can't pick up when you call, just leave a message and I'll call you back. To find out more about On The Edge, click here.

Image: reelmovienews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment