Friday, September 14, 2007

BUDGETING DAY-BY-DAY


Money! Need more of it? Fall short with it from time-to-time? We all do because building a budget as a sharpener can be a pain! After all, it's not like we know what we'll be making from day-to-day! I often tell my students that you can't count your money every day in this business, you have to count it every week.

What does this mean? It means we have an irregular income! Some months are lean, some are fat! We love the fat!!!! So that means you need to plan ahead!

While plowing around on the internet, I found this article I think you might find helpful. It's a simple plan to help build a budget with an irregular income. I'm all about budgeting, in fact my accountant might even suggest I'm obsessed with it, but I'm a single income family and I need to track every dollar. You should too! Having a solid budget will help you get through those lean months in this business! Take a look! The budget in this article may be a little too simple for your liking if you're into this sort of thing, but if you have NO budget, READ IT! It can help!

Picture care of farm4.static

1 comment:

  1. For us, it was way too stressful going day by day. Going by week didn't work for us either. Instead, we go by month, which is much easier. We find that the first 2 weeks of every month are the most fruitful. At the end of the 3rd week in the month, I let my husband know whether he can relax on his last week, or if he needs to make that last and final push (overtime).
    Jeannette Toth
    Shear Mobility

    ReplyDelete