Tuesday, May 20, 2008

READ TO REMEMBER AND APPLY


Those of you that know me well know that I love to read. I try to read at least one book per month and more if I can find the time. That's why I appreciate the post I'm going to send you today. It's a post about how to read a book, but don't let the subject scare you away, it's excellent.

It is a sad thing for me to note that only a very small percentage of people own a library card and few ever pick up a book after they finish school. Books are a gift and should be uses to better ourselves. Having trouble running you business? There are books that can help. Having trouble selling? There's books about that too. Need to learn how to speak to a group? Again, there are many books on the subject.

While reading alone won't help you much in life, reading to learn new principals or techniques will (if you apply them) and that brings us back to this post. Michael Gowin shares the techniques he uses not just to read, but to read to understand, remember and apply. To see what he has to say, click here. Once you've read this post, start applying it's principals when you read a book you think will help you improve your life or business.

No comments:

Post a Comment