Thursday, August 2, 2007

A NUMBER OF THINGS

First. Let me say sorry for my typo in my latest e-mail to those on my e-mail list. I said in the e-mail that the Wolff/Huff Show would be in Harrisburg, VA. That is wrong!!! It will be in Harrisburg, PA! Thanks for pointing that out to me Jim!!

Second. Because of all the traveling I've been doing lately, I'm a little behind with On The Edge. It will be in the mail by Monday or Tuesday of next week!

Third. Things went great at Foley today! You'll see some great new stuff coming from them soon!!

Fourth. I have now been to the Mall of America! Two great things came from this!! I ate at Bubba Gump and I met Maya. If you've never eaten at a Bubba Gump Restaurant, you're missing out! Great food and great fun!! But you might be wondering why I mention the young lady Maya. It's because she sold me better than I've been sold in a long time! Let me tell you what happened.

I was walking through the mall with David after dinner and I ran headlong into a smile holding a bottle of lotion. She asked me if I'd like to try it. I said no. She asked why? I said because I'm a guy. That didn't deter her. She asked again. I still said no. Smiling the whole time, she asked, "Are you married?" I said yes. She said, "Come here." So David and I followed.

She then pitched this fingernail buffer thing she sold. It worked great! But that didn't sell me. I then made a few suggestions about her product which let her to make the comment, "You can do anything you want." So I reached out like I was going to hug and kiss her (Just to see how she'd react). She quickly jumped back and, a bit shocked, said my husband would kill me! But she kept smiling, and she kept selling. When that didn't work, I realized this young lady was really good!

She then presented her package (with the lotion of course). I thought I had her then. I said, "Do you think I can use this in two days? I'm flying out on Saturday and carrying my bag on the plane." She didn't skip a beat! Out came the lotion and she presented her "mini-pack". What can I say? I fell in love! And I bought! Great job Maya!

Now most of the time I walk away with my money in my pocket after a pitch like this, but this girl had it going on! Did you notice that she had an answer to every objection? Did you see she knew how to deal with a nut like me? We could all learn something from her! What's that? Ask for the sale. Then ask for the sale. Then you know what you should do? Ask for the sale! Never once was she overbearing, but she stuck to her guns. Do you? Try it next time. You'll be surprised what you can achieve!!!

Ron Persing taught this very thing at the Sharpeners Jam. He will be writing about it in On The Edge over the next few months. It will be well worth the read!

PS - David bought too. When you're out matched, you're out matched! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment